Under the direction of the Head Professional, Assistant Head Professional and Golf Professional, The Golf Services Professional carries out the day-to-day operations of the Outside Service department by preparing all areas for play and maintaining work areas and equipment. The Golf Services Professional is the first and last point of contact for Members and guests and sets the tone for the golfing experience. Interactions with Members and guests are a key part of the job and it is essential to be knowledgeable, enthusiastic, professional, and personable at all times. The Golf Services Professional is expected to deliver exceptional service consistent with The National’s five service standards.
• Provide professional, timely and friendly service to Members and guests according to The National’s Five Standards.
• Prepare all Golf areas for service, including the staging of clubs and carts, setting of the range and practice facilities and stocking of necessary supplies.
• Clean and maintain carts and clubs.
• Perform opening and closing duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
• Ensure a clean, safe and healthy workplace for staff and maintain a tidy, hazard-free property for the enjoyment of Members and guests.
• Provide ongoing feedback on Member and guest experiences and comments to
the Professional Staff
• Ensure all groups are greeted on arrival and departure
• Facilitate and deliver outstanding Member events
• Maintain a clean, professional and well-groomed appearance
• Perform other duties as necessary to help the team achieve success
• No experience required
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• G2 drivers license
• 16 years of age or older
• Strong Communication skills, with a good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Ability to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Reliable transportation required; we are not located on a transit route
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Golf knowledge and experience is an asset
• Enrollment in or completion of a Professional Golf Management program is an asset
At The National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team!
Why work for The National?
• Staff Meals
• Competitive Wages
• Free Parking
• Golf Privileges
• Annual Holiday Party
• Seasonal Bonus
• Paid Training
• Fun Staff Events
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.