Under the direction of the Head Professional and Assistant Head Professional, the Golf Professional is responsible for setting the standards for golf operations by providing and managing world class programs, services and leadership. Golf Professionals must effectively supervise and execute the day-to-day operations of the Golf Shop and Outside Services departments via efficient management of club resources and strict adherence to The National’s service standards.
• Provide professional, timely and friendly service to Members and guests according to The National’s service standards
• Complete the opening and closing duties of the Pro Shop
• Demonstrate accurate knowledge of current golf equipment and apparel trends to assist Members and guests in making correct and informed purchases
• Facilitate and deliver outstanding member events
• Perform club repairs and re-gripping as required
• Ensure the Golf Shop is always merchandised effectively and presented in a clean and orderly manner
• Hire, train, schedule, supervise and manage all Golf Services staff in an effective manner
• Act as an ambassador for the club by representing The National amongst the members and at outside events and tournaments
• Perform other duties as necessary to ensure successful delivery of The National service standards
• College Diploma or University degree
• 1-3 years experience
• G2 drivers license
• 18 years of age or older
• Strong Communication skills, with a good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Ability to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Reliable transportation required; we are not located on a transit route
• Golf knowledge and experience is a requirement
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• PGA of Canada designation is a definite asset
At The National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team!
Why work for The National?
• Staff Meals
• Competitive Wages
• Free Parking
• Golf Privileges
• Annual Holiday Party
• Seasonal Bonus
• Paid Training
• Fun Staff Events
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.