NOW HIRING for the 2019 SEASON!!! The Food and Beverage Server is responsible for providing all Members and guests an exceptional world-class experience in the dining areas of the Clubhouse. A server is expected to be highly motivated, knowledgeable, well-groomed and friendly, while always representing the National in a professional manner.
• Provide professional, timely and friendly service to Members and guest, according to the National’s set standards as stated in the Food and Beverage Manual, to guarantee an exceptional experience
• Prepare dining areas for service through out the day, including but not limited to restocking condiments, mise en place, table settings and polishing of glassware and cutlery, to make sure the area in presentable at all times
• Demonstrate accurate knowledge of the full menu, wine and drink lists, dessert menu and other special menu items, as applicable, through menu explanation, wine pairing, food suggestions, etc.
• Perform opening and closing duties as assigned by a supervisor or manager
• Record accurate orders from Members and guests, confirming all chit orders are correctly entered into the POS System, to ensure an error free and timely service
• Monitor the dining areas continuously, being viewable to Members and guests always, to guarantee a quick and efficient response
• Perform other duties as necessary to help the team achieve success
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years of similar experience
• 18 years of age or older
• Smart Serve Certification (prior to starting work)
• Strong communication skills, with a good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Reliable transportation; we are not located on a transit route
• Ability to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Well groomed, co-operative and outwardly friendly team player
At The National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team! Why work for the National?
• Staff Meals
• Competitive Wages
• Free Parking
• Golf Privileges
• Annual Holiday Party
• Paid Training
• Fun Staff Events
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.