NOW HIRING for the 2019 SEASON!!! The food runner is responsible of ensuring all Members and guests receive an exceptional world-class experience in the dining areas of the Clubhouse. A food runner is expected to deliver food in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Provide professional, timely and friendly service to Members and guest, according to the National’s set standards as stated in the Food and Beverage Manual, to guarantee an exceptional experience
• Liaise between front and back of house to deliver food quickly and efficiently to Members and guests, to ensure a smooth, error free experience
• Demonstrate accurate knowledge of the full menu, wine and drink lists, dessert menu and other special menu items, as applicable, through menu explanation, wine pairing, food suggestions, etc.
• Stock supplies and prepare stations for service throughout the day, according to standards, to ensure operations run smoothly
• Maintain a clean and neat department always, complying with the National’s Health and Safety and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Perform other duties as necessary to help the team achieve success
• Strong communication skills, with a good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Reliable transportation; we are not located on a transit route
• Ability to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Well groomed, co-operative and outwardly friendly team player
At The National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team! Why work for the National?
• Staff Meals
• Competitive Wages
• Free Parking
• Golf Privileges
• Annual Holiday Party
• Paid Training
• Fun Staff Events
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.