NOW HIRING for the 2019 SEASON!!! The Assistant in Training is an experienced labourer with a reasonable amount of golf course experience. The Assistant in Training will serve as a leader and a coach in group settings in order to help the team meet club standards. The Assistant in Training will communicate with the Assistant Superintendents with respect to manpower and equipment needs for projects. The Assistant in training will be called upon to carry out necessary maintenance tasks including irrigation operation and repair, chemical and fertilizer spraying, manual fertilizer applications, and course setup as assigned.
• Develop and maintain proficiency in all areas of golf course maintenance, and in operation of all relevant maintenance equipment. And maintain cleanliness of all equipment
• Carry out application of fertility and plant protectant products as assigned
• Carry out all irrigation and cultural practice tasks as assigned
• Act as a crew leader when assigned as such. Communicate with superiors to ensure you have a clear understanding of project specifications and timelines. And, provide them with feedback with respect to staffing and resource needs for projects
• Communicate project goals to the crew and assist them in achieving them
• Adhere to the codes of conduct and adopt the culture of the department in behaviour and appearance
• Experience in golf course maintenance
• Reliable transportation; we are not located on a transit route
• Current enrollment in, or successful completion of, a recognized turfgrass maintenance educational program
• Strong communication skills; especially verbal and social
• An optimistic attitude and the ability to thrive in an active team environment
• Capacity to work extended periods of physical labour
• Ability to work a variety of shifts as per the needs of the course and at the request of the Superintendent; weekends and holidays
At the National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team! Why work for the National?
• Staff Meals
• Competitive Wages
• Free Parking
• Golf Privileges
• Annual Holiday Party
• Paid Training
• Fun Staff Events
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.