The Line Cook is responsible for preparing food for Members and guests, in accordance with production requirements and quality standards. You will be accountable for providing fast and efficient service and possibly for food coordination, presentation and food portioning. As part of the culinary team you are expected to work in a safe and sanitary manner at all times.
- Coordinate all food orders between stations and food servers
- Assists is directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food for the station
- Prepare food of consistent quality, following recipes and production and portion standards
- Make food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs
- Date all food containers, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull, and line set up, noting any out-of-stock items or possible shortages
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of food service or related work
- Minimal hearing necessary to hear equipment, timers, etc
- Moderate vision required to check quality and portions of food
- Strong communication skills, with a good working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Reliable transportation; we are not located on a transit route
- Ability to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
At The National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team!
Why work for the National?
- Staff Meals
- Competitive Wages
- Free Parking
- Golf Privileges
- Annual Holiday Party
- Paid Training
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.