NOW HIRING for the 2019 SEASON!!! The Kitchen Steward is responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen and dishes. You will be accountable for providing fast and efficient support to the culinary team. As part of the culinary team you are expected to work in a safe and sanitary manner at all times.
• Wash dishes manually or by machine, ensuring everything is cleaned and sanitized according to The National’s standards
• Maintain, clean and inspect the dishwasher machine to make sure it is operating and cleansing properly
• Clean kitchen as needed, including but not limited to walls, drains, tilt skillet, sweeping and mopping
• Collect all garbage and dispose of it in the designated area
• Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables
• Assist culinary team and service staff as needed, including but not limited to light food preparation, bussing plates, glasses and silverware and plate ups
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year of related work
• Minimal hearing necessary to hear equipment, timers, etc
• Strong communication skills, with a good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Reliable transportation; we are not located on a transit route
• Ability to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
At The National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team! Why work for the National?
• Staff Meals
• Competitive Wages
• Free Parking
• Golf Privileges
• Annual Holiday Party
• Paid Training
• Fun Staff Events
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.