NOW HIRING for the 2019 SEASON!!! The role of the Starter is to co-ordinate and manage daily play by ensuring that groups tee-off on time and at correct intervals. The starter is also responsible for communicating daily golf course conditions and expectations including: pace of play, course markings, ranger on duty, halfway house procedures, golf cart rules and restrictions and course etiquette. The Ranger’s job is to monitor pace of play and course etiquette and to document and manage infractions.
• Provide professional, timely and friendly service to Members and guests according to the National’s Five Standards
• Ensure all groups tee- off in a timely and orderly fashion
• Ensure all groups are documented and submitted to the Pro Shop
• Manage and document Pace of Play and Etiquette infractions
• Ensure a clean, safe and healthy workplace for staff and maintain a tidy, hazard-free property for the enjoyment of members and guests.
• Keep the starter’s hut area neat, tidy and stocked with the necessary supplies
• Maintain a clean, professional and well-groomed appearance
• Perform other duties as necessary to help the team achieve success
• Golf Experience is Preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• G2 drivers license
• 16 years of age or older
• Strong Communication skills, with a good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Ability to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Reliable transportation required; we are not located on a transit route
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
At The National Golf Club of Canada, our goal is to have every Member and guest enjoy a “World-Class” golf experience with every visit. Our service goal is to consistently deliver the “wow factor” to our Members every time they come to the course. If your values include respect, integrity and loyalty and you believe in continuous improvement and have a great attitude…We want you on our team! Why work for the National?
• Staff Meals
• Competitive Wages
• Free Parking
• Golf Privileges
• Annual Holiday Party
• Paid Training
• Fun Staff Events
The National Golf Club of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, through all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.